Saturday, October 8, 2011

Going Nowhere

So it turns out I'm really good looking.

Much of my time overseas has been spent fending off the approaches of men.
I know! No one is surprised.

I thought I would recount some of the ridiculous instances of hitting-onery that have occurred.
Just a short, light post to make you laugh...maybe. I faced a bought of writer's block this week, so don't be too annoyed.

There was the night that three old guys standing in the shadows near a bar bought me a rose. They asked for me email address (what?) and said I would be a great mother.
Eew.

The time I was sitting on the steps of the Duomo (that's a church, by the way) in Florence, and two guys came up and asked me to take a photo for them. But, oh wait, the camera won't work, how funny! Hahaha, what's your name? Where are you from? You're very beautiful.
What?
All I wanted was to eat my gelato and now I'm being propositioned? It's two in the afternoon!
Go away...
But no, he didn't. He came to one of the bars later, but wasn't allowed in...so he just stood outside calling me until I came outside. Then I got scared and went away.

Oh, what about the time I was walking through the market and someone just yelled "You have beautiful lips!"
How do you respond to that?
Just...how?

Or maybe the time a waiter in Germany liked my "smile" and gave me dinner and drinks for free.
That was awesome.
Saved me 20 euro!

I think one of my favorite times was when I was walking with Ian and his parents, going from dinner to get gelato, and, while I was mid-conversation with his mom, a guy leans over and says "Hey, baby." I was walking past and didn't have time to react except to be weirded out.
Who does that?
I was obviously occupied and with people!
Where did he think that was going to go? I would stop walking and come back to chat with him?
The hell is that?

Moral of the story: Men are weird.

1 comment:

  1. Haha the first story reminds me of a time Gracie and I were outside the Fred Meyers in Bellingham and a homeless guy just started shouting his email address at us. How does a homeless guy have an email address? No idea.

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete